Jul 31st - Aug 4th 2017

Get Directions

$500 USD

Sign Up

Exact name that should appear on your certificate

English is already included

Exact name that should appear on your certificate

English is already included

Exact name that should appear on your certificate

English is already included

Exact name that should appear on your certificate

English is already included


Majestic Hotel
Floor 12 Conference Room
The Plaza
625 Tianhe Road
Guangzhou City


Getting to the Class:

The Majestic Hotel is conveniently located right next to Gangding(岗顶) subway station Exit A.
If you are travelling light we recommend the subway as the easiest and fastest way to get to the hotel. 
From Guangzhou International Airport take subway line 3 (towards Tianhe Coach Terminal 天河客运站) straight to Gangding 岗顶 (16 stops). 
From Guangzhou East Railway Station take subway line 3 (towards Tianhe Coach Terminal 天河客运站) straight to Gangding 岗顶 (4 stops).  

If you have several suit cases we recommend you do not take the subway as it can get very crowded. 
Taxi from Guangzhou East Railway Station should cost around 30 RMB. 
Taxi from Guangzhou International Airport should cost around 100 RMB. 
Tell the taxi driver to take you to "Gangding".

There is also a BRT Public Bus Stop outside the hotel with buses heading to/from different parts of the city. 

Getting to Guangzhou: 

Air: A host of international airlines fly to Guangzhou Baiyun New International Airport (CAN), located in the North of the city. From the airport you can take subway line 3 into the city. 

Train: Guangzhou East Railway Station serves long-distance destinations all around China, including Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Wuhan, Shanghai and Beijing. From the train station you can access subway lines 1 and 3. 

Bus: At present there are 15 bus stations in Guangzhou that serve long-distance destinations around China and Guangdong province. For more information please visit: travelchinaguide.com

Getting Around Guangzhou:

Guangzhou has a vast public transportation system which includes subway, bus, boat and taxi links. We recommend you purchase a Smart Card at any 7-11 store which you can top up and use to access the subway, buses and boats. Taxi drivers will only accept cash and usually do not speak English, so if you take a taxi you will need to know the Chinese name of the place where you are headed. If you will only be in Guangzhou for a few days you may prefer to stick to the subway as it is very well organized, clean and easy to navigate. Signs are listed in Chinese and English. For more information please visit: travelchinaguide.com/subway


Students are responsible for finding their own accommodation.

If you wish to stay at the Majestic Hotel where the class will be held, they are able to offer discounted rates to CIE students. 
The discounted rate will be 300-400 RMB per night for a twin/double room and two breakfasts.  
The restaurant where breakfast is served is on the 36th floor where you can enjoy excellent panoramic views of Guangzhou.
Please contact Amy Liang to confirm the exact room rate:

Tel: +86 20-8757-5689
Mobile: +86 15915-939-151
Email: lianghuan08@126.com 

There are many other hotels in the vicinity, including several budget options in this area and in nearby Shipaiqiao (石牌桥) and Tiyu Xilu (体育西路). You can use ctrip.com and elong.net to find a hotel as well as other international travel websites such as booking.comtripadvisor.com and kayak.com.


Meals and Drinks

Water and hot tea will be provided at the class venue. Coffee can be purchased at the hotel or at a nearby cafe. 

Each day there will be a 1 hour lunch break from 12:30 to 1:30pm. We don’t provide meals at the class, so you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. There are many eateries near the Majestic Hotel, catering to all tastes and budgets, including: 

Croco Cafe on ground floor of Majestic Hotel (meals 30-50 RMB)
Park'n'Shop (if you need to buy groceries)

Visa Requirements


In order to be granted entry into Mainland China you will need a valid passport and a visa. We recommend you apply for your visa in your home country before you come to China. The requirements for applying for China visas vary in each country, so we recommend you use a travel agency to get your visa, or consult your home country’s Chinese Embassy website or your local China Consulate website for details.

If you are coming to China from your home country we recommend you apply for a tourist visa (L). You will probably end up getting a one or two month L visa which will give you ample time to attend the TESOL class and then enjoy some leisure time and tourism.

PLEASE NOTE: When you apply for a tourist visa you must state that your purpose for visiting China is tourism.

If you plan to take our class and then immediately set about finding teaching work in China, we also recommend that you first apply for a tourist visa. Once you find work your school should help you obtain a work visa (Z).

You can also apply for a business visa (M) when coming to China. However, in order to obtain this you will need a letter of invitation from a Chinese company with whom you will do business. So, if aside from taking our class, you also plan to do business in China, this may be the best option for you as will likely obtain a longer visa than if you apply for a tourist visa. PLEASE NOTE: As it is not a Chinese company, the Canadian Institute of English cannot provide letters of invitation for this purpose.

Please do not apply for a student visa (X) as this only applies to students coming to study long-term at a Chinese educational institution.

Hong Kong and Macau

Although Hong Kong and Macau belong to China, they have separate immigration systems. If you plan to first travel to Hong Kong or Macau and then come to Guangzhou, you will need to check whether or not your nationality is required to have a visa in order to enter Hong Kong or Macau. US, Canada, Australia and EU citizens do not need a visa to enter Hong Kong and Macau, but do need a passport.

For visa requirements for Hong Kong and Macau please see the following websites:

Hong Kong: www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

Macau: www.macautourism.gov.mo/en/info/get2macau.php


The national currency in China is the Chinese Yuan, also known as the RMB. There are plenty of ATM’s in the area where the class will be held. Most bank ATM's accept foriegn cards, especially the Bank of China, ICBC and Construction Bank of China. For the latest exchange rates you can visit xe.com